All you have to prepare for electric car conversions are the following:
- a car the you need to convert
- a workshop like your garage or driveway
- basic tools that you can find a typical garage
- electric car conversion kit where the essential components are included
- some help from your family, friends or a trained mechanic
- your spare time and commitment
When it comes to the car, you have to consider the carrying capacity and its strength to be able to carry a number of batteries. The more batteries you install, the higher distance range your can car can travel. In addition, you have to use a standard driving or manual car because automatic cars will not work.
Electric car kits are widely available. The internet is a good source of kits that you may consider. Usually, these electric car kits are complete with all the essential components such as the motor, chargers, the wiring kits and all.
You do not have to worry about the tools because all you need are the tools that basic mechanics use. You are not required with special tools to make this project possible.
Of course, you need to commit yourself for the project to be done in time.
It is very easy to do electric car conversions and you will have a lot of benefits when you are done.