Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

My Fat Burning Mexican Lunch Recipe: One of my Favorite Healthy Meal Plans for Fat Loss and a Lean-Body:  

Today I wanted to share with you one of my favorite healthy Lean-Body meal plans that I absolutely love. I've been having this recipe for lunch every day this week and I just never get tired of it… it's such a delicious and refreshing combo of flavors! 

Alright, here goes…

My Healthy Mexican Fat Loss Recipe

The quantity I've used here will make about 5-6 servings… hence, why I've been eating it all week :)

Mix the diced chicken, diced onion, chopped cilantro, and jar of bean and corn salsa all together in a large bowl. Spoon out some of the mixture from the bowl onto each of the tostadas, and then top with some diced avocado (I use about 1/4 to 1/2 of an avocado for each tostada). Then slice off a couple of fresh lime wedges and squeeze the fresh lime juice on top of each tostada.

Enjoy! The combination of lime, cilantro, vidalia onion, and avocado produces an explosion of flavors that I think you'll love.

It's a very refreshing, delicious, and healthy meal. And please don't ruin this healthy meal by washing it down with a gut-fattening soda or a chemically-laden diet soda either. Choose either water or a home brewed iced green, white, or red tea blend, and your body will thank you.

A quick word about the tostada shells… As I mentioned above, the only reason I even considered eating the tostada shells is that I found a variety at a local organic market that is fried in healthy coconut oil. Chances are you will not find this at any normal grocery store, as most brands will be fried in either hydrogenated oils, trans fats (which are pure poision to the body), or the still damaging and highly refined soybean or cottonseed oils. Your best bet may just be to avoid the tostada shells and try soft corn tortillas or instead.  Just make sure to choose organic to avoid the genetically modified corn that is so prevalent in our food supply.

If you're new to some of the information I teach here and don't yet understand why coconut oil is better for you than soybean and other highly processed polyunsaturated oils, then these 2 articles that I wrote are must reads:

The Truth about Dietary Fat Article

How to determine healthy cooking oils vs unhealthy oils

Source 4 Foods Never To Eat

No comments:

Post a Comment